II WORK IN THE CULTURE SECTOR FORUM – Young people on the labour market
Competences of the future, perspectives on the labour market, recruitment in the culture sector – these are just some of the topics to be discussed during the II Forum Work in the Culture Sector, organised by the National Centre for Culture and the Chatka Żaka University Academic Centre for Culture and Media on 10 and 11 June 2021, in a hybrid mode, just as it was the year before. The second edition of the Work in the Culture Sector Forum – the first such initiative in Poland that comprehensively addresses the issue of working in the culture sector and brings together professionals and practitioners as well as people seeking employment in this sector – will be held in Lublin, at the seat of ACKiM UMCS Chatka Żaka.
The theme of this year’s Work in the Culture Sector Forum is: Young people on the labour market. Invited experts will discuss the following topics:
- development opportunities for students;
- methods of developing a personal brand;
- ways of getting started in the culture sector;
- ways of establishing cooperation with the business sector;
- preparing for the interview.
Two days will be filled with presentations, debates, on-site and online workshops and webinars on the marketing approach to culture, managing a team at a cultural institution or building a personal brand. Around 30 speakers will take part in the Forum, among them outstanding recruitment experts, cultural animators and experienced coaches from the culture sector and the business world. Adam Sztaba, a well-known composer, conductor and music producer, will be our special guest, who will share his experience in creating a personal brand with the forum’s participants.
The forum will take place with an actual audience on site and online via live streaming on a dedicated online platform. A maximum of about 150 people will be able to participate on site at the ACKiM UMCS Chatka Żaka in Lublin. Others will be able to take part in the event via the Internet. Those interested in working in culture will benefit from individual consultations and discussions with the experts and trainers participating in the event. Some of the presentations and speeches will be interpreted into English, and the entire conference will be interpreted into Polish Sign Language.
Day I — 10.06.2021 (online)
Only in Polish
Day II — 11.06.2021 (on-site + online)
10:20–10:50 How passion can turn into work, or how to make something from nothing. How we built our own workplace
presentation: Joanna Reczek-Szwed i Jakub Szwed – “Sztukmistrze” foundation
10:55–11:25 Profession: podcaster, or five metres to the side from the professional career presentationMartyna Wojtkowska – author of a podcast series “Wolne ścieżki”
11:30–12:00 How to use your study time productively before you enter the job market while being a foreigner?
presentation: Anton Blazheiev – The Eastern Partnership Aid Center of the Lublin University of Technology
12:00–12:30 Coffee break
12:30–13:00 Socially engaged projects – the result of need, not fashion
presentation: Piotr Miłkowski i Hubert Pyrgies – Open Story collective
13:05–13:35 How to use local resources to develop a business?
presentation: Robert Stanisław Pływacz – president of the “Smaki Kultury” Foundation
13:40–14:10 Don’t work alone! – or why it is worth to unite in collectives
presentation: Michał Ćwiek i Mateusz Kunkiewicz – Open Studio “LuCreate”
DownloadsDownload file programme (PDF 2.08 MB)
The National Centre for Culture invited the Chatka Żaka Academic Centre for Culture and Media of the Maria Curie Skłodowska University in Lublinto carry out the II Work in the Culture Sector Forum:
“For over half a century, our Centre has been a place where students not only develop their creativity, but they also gain practical competencies for future work in the broadly defined field of culture. We are delighted to be able to support this process, thanks to the invitation of the National Centre for Culture to co-organise the II Work in the Culture Sector Forum. You are welcome to come to our Chatka Żaka in Lublin to attend this unique meeting,” comments Izabela Pastuszko, director of ACK Chatka Żaka.
The first edition of the Work in the Culture Sector Forum was held on 28-29 September 2020 in cooperation with the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. The two-day event had a hybrid formula - some of it took place at a venue and a dedicated online platform was launched for the attendees who could not come to Warsaw. Discussions and workshops were attended by HR staff and directors of cultural institutions, as well as by students and graduates of the humanities and arts faculties who were looking for work in the culture sector.
More info: pracujwkulturze.nck.pl/forum
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The following set of rules regulates the terms for participation in the “Work in Culture Forum” conference, hereafter referred to as “Conference” or “Event”, organized on the 10th and the 11th of June 2021 in Lublin.
- The Conference is a Narodowe Centrum Kultury (National Culture Center), located in Warsaw, ul. Płocka 13, Warszawa (01-231), initiative, hereafter referred to as “Organizer”.
- The Conference is organized in collaboration with Akademickie Centrum Kultury i Mediów UMCS Chatka Żaka (Academic Culture and Media Center UMCS Chatka Żaka) in Lublin (20-031), ul. Radziszewskiego 16, hereafter referred to as the “Co-organizer”.
- The goal of organized “Work in Culture Forum” is to reflect on the specificity of working in the domain of culture and support for those seeking employment in the culture sector.
- The Event is primarily aimed at graduates and students of humanities and art subjects as well as those who seek employment in the culture sector and employees of cultural institutions who manage teams and are responsible for recruitment.
- The Conference “Work in Culture Forum” will take place on the 10th and the 11th of June 2021 in the Akademickie Centrum Kultury i Mediów UMCS Chatka Żaka (Academic Culture and Media Center UMCS Chatka Żaka) in Lublin (20-031), ul. Radziszewskiego 1
- Participation in the Conference is free of charge.
- The Event is going to be photo and video documented. The material will be used to prepare a photo-video reportage which goal is to share the information about the institution's operations in NCK’s social media.
- The costs of transportation and accomodation is covered by the participant of the Conference.
II. APPLYING FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
8. Applying for participation, on-site or online, in the Conference is possible only through the Internet by filling an online form located on the www.nck.pl and pracujwkulturze.nck.pl websites (application with the status “PARTICIPANT”)
9. In consideration of current restrictions and the declared epidemic in Poland applications for the Conference are nominative.
10. The following Regulations and a model form for the health statement (filling which is mandatory for participation in the Conference on-site) are available for reading and print on the website with a link to the online form.
11. Applying for the Conference the participant:
- confirms reading these Regulations and accepts their terms,
- in the form, provides their first name, last name and an email address necessary for the preparation of ID badges (for those participating in the Event on-site) and for sharing the access to the online platform (for those participating in the Event online),
- declares a will to participate in selected workshops or talks.
12. The participant will receive through email a confirmation of participation in the Conference and a list of events selected by them. Additionally participants registered for online participation will receive an access to a specially dedicated Internet platform. The message will be sent to the provided in the registration form email address.
13. The number of participants in the on-site Conference, as well as each event, is limited and adjusted to the currently applicable rules. The number of online participants is limited and adjusted to the abilities of the Internet platform dedicated to this Event. If the interest in the Event is greater than the number of spots prepared, students and graduates of humanities and art fields of study have priority.
14. Participants can take part in the Conference:
15. Stationary participants of the Conference must confirm their attendance on the day of a given event between 8:30am and 11:30am in a designated spot in the Akademickie Centrum Kultury i Mediów UMCS Chatka Żaka (Academic Culture and Media Center UMCS Chatka Żaka) in Lublin (20-031), ul. Radziszewskiego 16.
16. After 11:30am the reservation becomes null. Due to the limited number of spots available, participants who are late have to be aware that they may not be able to participate in chosen events.
17. In case of identification of spare spots for particular events there is a possibility of registration of extra participants who do not have a reservation for the Event. Such persons must fill out necessary documents in a designated location in Akademickie Centrum Kultury i Mediów Chatka Żaka (Academic Culture and Media Center Chatka Żaka) w Lublinie (20-031), ul. Radziszewskiego 16.
18. The participant has a right to resign from taking part in the events organized during the Conference.
19. A notification of resignation from participation in a stationary or online event should be submitted to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Removal from the list of participants takes place immediately after a confirmation from the Organizers.
20. It is possible to replace a registered participant. Such change can be done not later than 2 days before the date of the event by sending a notification to: email@example.com. A change of the participant takes place immediately after a confirmation from the Organizers.
III. ACCESS TO THE EVENT AREA
21. Access to the Event area is carried out by reporting in a designated entrance area on the Akademickie Centrum Kultury i Mediów Chatka Żaka (Academic Culture and Media Center) in Lublin (20-031), ul Radziszewskiego 16 premises, and:
- verification of the reservation carried out by the Event’s staff members.
- submitting a filled and signed health statement or signing it in the Event area (with a current date).
- demonstration of possession of a protective mask.
22. The health statement can be printed and filled out by the participant and brought to the Event. It can also be filled and signed at the Event.
23. The statement is filled by one person at the Event in a designated place and according to staff’s instructions to assure safety of the procedure of entering the Conference’s premises.
24. All participants receive a named identification badge that allows them to leave and enter the Event area without filling a health statement again.
25. The Event’s participants must disinfect their hands before entering the Event’s area.
26. The Organizer is obliged to refuse entrance to the Event area:
a) to persons without a protective mask,
b) to persons who refuse to undergo operations described in point 21 of these Regulations,
c) to persons who are visibly under the influence of alcohol, drugs, psychotropic drugs or other substances with similar effects.
d) to a person who is possession of guns or other dangerous tools, explosive materials, pyrotechnic articles, flammable materials, alcoholic beverages, drugs or psychotropic substances
e) to a person who is behaving aggressively, provocatively or in any other way that poses a threat to the public safety and order.
IV. INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
27. Participation in the Event is synonymous with a declaration of application of these Regulations and acceptance of their terms.
28. It is mandatory to cover one’s mouth and nose with a protective mask on the premises of the Event. Each participant of the Event must provide their own personal protective equipment.
29. The principle of maintaining social distance is in effect on the premises of the Event. We also remind about keeping a safe social distance between the Event’s participants before and after the Event (1,5m).
30. All participants are obliged to wait in queues while keeping a safe distance of 1,5 meters apart from the viewers mentioned in point 29.
31. During the Event participants must obey staff’s instructions in the terms of:
a) Entering the Event’s area,
b) Occupying their seats,
c) Leaving the Event’s area
32. All participants of the Event are obliged to follow all other recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate and the Organizer’s orders.
33. All participants of the Event, as well as all other persons who are on the premises of the Event, are obliged to behave in a way that does not threaten the safety of other people present at the Event and comply with these Regulations.
V. THE ORGANIZERS’ RESPONSIBILITY
34.The Organizers assure that they will do everything that is possible to guarantee organizational conditions for the Conference in compliance with the description on the Conference’s website.
36. The Organizers determine the schedule of the Conference and reserve the right to change the Conference’s program, even on the day in which the Conference takes place, as well as to change the timetable and the order of speeches.
37. The changes in the Conference’s program, enumerated above, can not be a basis for making any claims, or financial claims against the Organizers.
38. The Organizers reserve the right to cancel the Conference in case of force majeure or random events.
39. The Organizers do not take responsibility for participant’s possessions, which can be lost, damaged or stolen during the Conference.
40. The Organizer informs that the Event is being recorded for documentation and promotion of NCK and the Event, now and in the future. The images of persons present at the Event premises can be recorded and then shared for documentation, reporting and promotion purposes.
41. Smoking is prohibited on the Event’s premises.
42. Participants who do not obey Conference staff’s orders, in case of infringement upon these Regulations or posing a threat to other viewers, will be asked to leave the Event’s premises.
43. The Organizer informs that he is under a legal obligation to provide a list of participants in the Event and the employees servicing the Event to relevant services - Poviat Sanitary and Epidemiological Station in regard to actions taken by those services with the goal of combating the epidemic, if they so require.
44. The Organizer provides safety to persons present at the Event and order during the Event through:
a) Providing support service staff (with special identification badges)
b) Making hygiene and sanitary facilities available as well as providing cleaning detergents in the bathrooms
c) Providing disinfectants at the entrance to the Event’s premises and in designated spots on the Event’s premises with consideration of the needs of people with disabilities.
47. Participation in the Event is synonymous with declaring that the participant is fully aware of the possible sickness hazard to their health and life caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus stemming from participation of other persons in the Event.
48. The Organizer does not hold responsibility for the risk posed by a potential infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes the COVID-19 sickness, during the Event during an epidemic.
VI. FINAL PROVISIONS
49. These Regulations are available on the nck.pl and pracujwkulturze.nck.pl websites.
50. The Organizer has a right to change these Regulations, especially considering the need to assure a correct course of the Event and safety of the Event’s participants.
51. These Regulations are valid from the 1st of June 2021.
52. The Organizer does not hold responsibility for the effects of the forces of majeure.
53. Provisions of the Act from the 23rd of April 1964, Civil Code and other provisions of commonly applicable law apply in cases not regulated by these Regulations.
54. The attachments for these Regulations are:
a) An information clause
b) A health statement declaration template
“Work in Culture Forum” Conference organized on the 10th and the 11th of June 2021 in Lublin
Narodowe Centrum Kultury (National Culture Center) informs about the processing rules of your personal data in regard to participation in the Event organized by Narodowe Centrum Kultury (National Culture Center) in Warsaw and about your rights in this regard. According to Article 13 of the general regulation on the protection of personal data from the 27th of April 2016 (Dz. Urz. UE L 119 from 04.05.2016) we inform that:
- the Administrator of your personal data is Narodowe Centrum Kultury (National Culture Center) with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. Płockiej 13.
- contact with the person responsible for the protection of personal data is available under this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your personal data will be processed on the basis of:
- art. 6 ust. 1 lit. f) RODO - in order to make participation in an event possible on the basis of these Regulations (personal data consisting of first and last name, email address and image),
- art. 6 ust. 1 lit. c) RODO - in regard to the need to fulfill the legal obligation which the Administrator is the subject of (personal data appearing in the health statement and not being a part of special categories - first and last name, phone number or email address),
- art. 9 ust. 2 lit. i) RODO - means that processing is necessary in regard to public interest in the domain of public health, such as protection against serious cross-border health threats or providing high standards of quality and safety of protection (personal data consisting of the information about health)
- art. 6 ust. 1 lit. a) RODO - in order to make evaluation studies possible (personal data consisting of the email address)
4) the recipients of your personal data are going to be only the subjects which provide services for the Administrator, including the service of systems and software of the Administrator, as well as subjects permitted by law to access them, including the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate,
5) Your personal data:
a) that allows for participation in the Event on the basis of the Regulations - consisting of first and last name and email address, will be processed no longer than 2 weeks from the date of the Event, then it will be deleted.
b) will be processed by NCK throughout the period of realization of informational and promotional measures in the form of a recorded during the Event image,
c) which appears in the health statement and does not fall into special categories - first and last name, phone number and information about health, will be processed by the Administrator for 2 weeks from the date of the Event and then deleted.
d) in the form of information about health - which is in a special category of data, will be processed by the Administrator for 2 week from the date of the Event and then deleted,
e) which makes taking part in an evaluation study possible - first and last name, email address, will be processed until the end of the evaluation study or a withdrawal of consent.
6) You have a right to demand access to your personal data, correct it, remove it - with an exception of data processed on the basis of art. 9 ust. 2 lit i) RODO or to limit its processing, file an objection to its processing and transfer your personal data, as well as a right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority - President of the Data Protection Office.
7) you have a right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority - President of the Data Protection Office
8) submitting personal data:
a included in the health statement - is necessary for participating in the Event on-site
b making participation possible (first and last name, email address, image) is a Regulations’ requirement
c making participation in an evaluation study possible (email address) - is optional